Safer System Installations
How do Victaulic Products Impact Safety?
Victaulic products are designed to be simple, safe and durable. Our mechanical pipe joining systems are easy to install and provide a union at every joint, giving contractors maximum field flexibility and enhanced on-site decision-making capability. The safety benefits of Victaulic products include:
• Improve jobsite safety
• Reduce the risk of injuries, and associated direct and indirect costs
• Improve their safety record
• Reduce material handling
• Reduce construction man-hours
• Shorten construction schedules
• Reduce total installed costs
Why Eliminate the Hazards of Welding?
According to Parker & Waichma, a leading firm in the field of personal injury and negligence law, “Welding is among the most dangerous industrial activities. The dangers of welding are fire safety, electric shock, compressed gases, toxic fumes and lack of personal protection for the eyes, hands, feet and body.”
What are possible side effects of Welding?
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, chest and respiratory tract
- Nausea, headaches, dizziness
- Metal fume fever (resembles influenza)
- Lung cancer
- Urinary tract cancer
- Heart disease
- Kidney damage
- Parkinson's disease
By utilizing Victaulic mechanical pipe joining systems, contractors can eliminate the hazards of welding on-site.
- Pipe fitters are not exposed to the damaging fumes currently cited as the cause of serious health issues in a series of lawsuits.
- Grooved mechanical pipe joining is a no-flame solution. No costly fire watch manpower or fire shielding is required.
- No tanks, no torches and no potentially dangerous lead lines.
Fewer man-hours = Less exposure and project risk.
Victaulic estimates that jobs requiring welding applications demand up to 45% more man-hours on average over Victaulic no-flame piping solutions. Average construction costs can be as much as one-third higher than when using Victaulic products.
Interested in learning more?
Style 07 vs. Style 107 - Weiterstadt, Germany
Time: 6:10 min