StrengThin™ 100 System for Thin Wall Stainless Steel
What is the StrengThin™ 100 System?
The Victaulic StrengThin™ 100 System is the industry’s first grooved mechanical piping system specifically designed to perform up to 16 bar on thin wall 304/316 stainless steel pipe.
Using thin wall stainless steel pipe is popular with the European construction market, particularly for chilled water, cooling and oil-free air systems. It increases the efficiency of onsite material handling and lowers total installation costs. However, welding thin wall stainless steel isn’t without its risks. Overheating the pipe and needing chemicals to pickle and passivate the pipe to restore its corrosion resistance are just two of the challenges associated with the welding process. To address these industry challenges, Victaulic created the StrengThin™ 100 System.
The system is centered on the Style E497 galvanized or thermoplastic coated rigid coupling, featuring Victaulic propriety Installation-Ready™ technology. The coupling is rated up to 16 bar/232 psi and suitable for temperatures ranging from -34°C/-300⁰F to +121°C/+250⁰F. The system also includes a full line of lightweight stainless steel fittings and valves, as well as a proprietary new “StrengThin™ 100” groove profile, which creates coupling engagement without the risk of pipe flare.
What are the Benefits of the StrengThin™ 100 System?
Increase Installation Speed
- Installation-ReadyTM Technology
- No disassembly, no loose parts
- Vicual confirmation of a proper installation
- Install in every weather condition
- Less installation steps
No Chemical Pipe Treatment Required
- Clean and uniform joint quality
- No need for pickling and passivating
- No risk of overheating the pipe
- No weakening of the pipe
Reduce Labor Risks And Enhance Safety
- Fewer steps to install
- Consistently faster pipe joints
- Optimal crew size
- No flames or noxious fumes
Reduce Total Installed Costs
- Optimize Crew Size
- No cost for fire permit or welding equipment
- No highly qualified welder required
- Increase on-site efficiency
Why Thin Wall Stainless Steel?
- Increase the life of the system
- Eliminate the cost of pipe coating
- Save on costs and time for flushing the system
- Ease of material handling
- Reduce systel weight
English - pdf (577 KB)
Select LanguageVictaulic StrengThin™ 100 System Style E497 Rigid Coupling for Stainless Steel Submittal
English - pdf (364 KB)
Select LanguageStrengThin™ 100 Roll Groove Specifications
English - pdf (180 KB)