Victaulic Announces Expansion of AquaFlex® Line
Victaulic, a leading global producer of mechanical pipe joining and fire protection systems, announces the expansion of the AquaFlex® sprinkler fitting line of products.
EASTON, PA - Victaulic, a leading global producer of mechanical pipe joining and fire protection systems, announces the expansion of the AquaFlex sprinkler fitting line of products. The expanded product line offers fast and dependable installation, durable performance and is cost effective for maintenance and retrofit applications. “We are pleased to introduce the expanded AquaFlex line,” said Eric McWhirter, manager, Fire Suppression Technology. “Not only do the new products provide an intuitive, dependable solution for our customers – saving time and money during installation – but they install up to 10 times faster than rigid piping systems.” The AquaFlex Stainless Steel Sprinkler Fittings can be used with the following applications:
- Commercial Suspended Ceilings – Series AQB Braided Systems (FM Approved) and Series AQU Unbraided Systems (cULus 2443 Listed) for suspended or hard ceilings and are available in 31-72 inches in length. There is one common, installation-ready, patent-pending bracket design for pendent, semi-recessed and concealed sprinkler installations.
- Institutional Applications – Series AQI Braided Systems (FM Approved) for pendent or sidewall installation in block walls ranging from 3-12 inches in thickness and 31-72 inches in length. Includes one-piece, patent-pending, open gate installation-ready bracket and reducer nipples available in 5.5, 9.0 and 13.0 inches in length.
- Clean Rooms – Series AQC Braided Systems (FM Approved with twelve of the leading industry clean room ceiling manufacturers) for installations requiring the elimination of potential leaks and the preservation of room integrity. Available in 24-72 inches in length.
- Industrial Duct Systems – Series AQD Braided Systems (FM Approved for ducts made of fiberglass-reinforced plastic) for installations within round or square duct work to provide fire protection where combustible gasses may be present. Available in 24-72 inches in length.
- The line also includes pre-assembled systems with a variety of commonly used sprinklers installed and leak-tested at the factory for Series AQB Braided and Series AQU Unbraided Systems. A variety of optional accessories to speed up installation are also available including the Victaulic FireLock Style 922 Outlet T – fast, mechanical hole-cut branch-line installation, AquaFlex reducers for Series AQI institutional applications and the AquaFlex 90 degree Elbows for Series AQU and Series AQB installations in tight spaces.
Additionally, the AquaFlex line includes the patent-pending 1-BEE2 installation-ready bracket that installs up to five times faster than any competitive bracket technology. It also provides easy three dimensional positioning of the sprinkler and secures mounting to the ceiling grid without tools.
“The bracket is designed to firmly grip the ceiling grid, locking the sprinkler into proper operational position,” McWhirter adds. “The unique, adjustable open-gate center bracket saves time and money during installation by allowing for easy pressure testing of the system and final placement of the sprinkler head after the ceiling grid is installed." For more information about the AquaFlex product line, visit www.victaulic.com/aquaflex.
About Victaulic Founded in 1925, Victaulic is the world's leading producer of mechanical pipe joining systems. Headquartered in Easton, Pa., Victaulic has manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide and employs more than 3,500 people. The company develops products for a full range of industrial, commercial and institutional piping system applications. For more information, visit www.victaulic.com