OUR PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED TO BE SIMPLE, DURABLE BUT ABOVE ALL, SAFE.
In 2014, it was reported that construction laborers ranked 12th in the top 25 most dangerous jobs in the United States. As a company who provides products for the construction industry, Victaulic recognizes the role our products play in contributing to a safer job site. Take for example some of our innovations all centered around safety first.
- Visual inspectability of proper coupling assembly. Instead of needing a torque wrench to ensure proper installation, for most of Victaulic's products, customers can simply verify if a coupling is installed properly by visually checking that the bolt pads are touching.*
- Victaulic's patented Installation-Ready Piping Joining™ Technology, now available on couplings and fittings, reduces the number of loose parts typically associated with standard grooved couplings. Less parts to drop = less risk.
- Nominal 3 to 1 safety factor on Victaulic product pressure ratings.
Beyond being just a faster way to install pipelines, our products are also safer than welding, brazing, soldering or fusing because they install without the use of flames, fire or heat. The benefits which are:
- Pipe fitters are not exposed to the damaging fumes currently cited as the cause of serious health issues in a series of lawsuits
- No costly fire watch manpower or fire shielding is required
- No tanks, no torches and no potentially dangerous lead lines
WHY ELIMINATE THE HAZARDS OF WELDING?
According to a leading firm in the field of personal injury and negligence law, "Welding is among the most dangerous industrial activities. The dangers of welding are fire threat, electric shock, compressed gases, toxic fumes, and lack of personal protection for the eyes, hands, feet, and body."
CLOAKED IN SAFETY
Safety has been a part of the Victaulic culture since its beginning nearly a century ago. Its commitment to innovation in its products and as an employer is what sets it apart as a company. Victaulic is about more than just the products and services it offers around the world - it's an organization committed to leading the industry with a positive impact on people inside and outside the company. Take for example the advancements in protective wear the Victaulic was able to develop to further protect its employees.
In December 2014 Victaulic employees began wearing new jackets at their U.S. foundry facilities. The jackets were part of a joint effort with Toray Fluorofibers and Majestic Fire Apparel to develop state of the art protective wear. Sharing this advancement with other industry users will be the next step, according to Bill D'Amico, Victaulic's Global Environmental Health & Safety Director.
As stated by D’Amico, “We will share this advancement with others in the industry in the hopes of advancing foundry safety worldwide and, more importantly, protecting our most valuable asset - our employees.”
*Not every Victaulic product features "pad-to-pad" inspectability. Always reference Victaulic's product installation instructions to confirm properly assembly requirements for that product.