Installation-Ready™ Grooved Technology Pipe Couplings & Fittings
What Is Installation-Ready™ Technology?
Victaulic’s patented Installation-Ready™ couplings provide fast, easy pipe connections, and reduce the number of loose parts to drop or misplace. The single-unit design allows an installer to assemble the coupling or fitting simply by inserting it onto the grooved end of a pipe and tightening the nuts.
Why is it different?
Prior to this technology, in order to install a grooved coupling, the coupling itself was completely disassembled and then reassembled onto the pipe ends.
The process looked like this:
- Remove the bolts and nuts
- Remove the gasket
- Fit the gasket over the gap between two grooved pipe ends
- Wrap the housings around the gasket
- Tighten the bolts and nuts
This 5 step process which took only minutes to accomplish was a complete game changer when it was introduced in 1919 as an efficient alternative to welding. Nearly a century later, Victaulic is developing new ways to build on that original innovation. When our customers asked us how we could make grooved couplings even faster, safer and more durable, we responded with patented Installation-Ready™ Technology.
Grooved couplings, and the more recently released grooved fittings featuring Installation-Ready™ technology come pre-assembled; they are simply pushed on to a grooved pipe end, joined by a second grooved pipe end, and then bolts and nuts are tightened. What used to take minutes — now takes only seconds.
How Much Faster Is Installation-Ready™ Technology Vs. Other Joining Methods?
- Install up to 10 times faster than welded joints
- Install up to 6 times faster than flanged joints
- Install in less than half the time of standard grooved couplings
What Are the Benefits of Installation-Ready™ Technology?
- COMPRESSED PROJECT SCHEDULES - Due to the speed at which these couplings can be installed, as outlined above, contactors are able to further compress their construction schedules.
- REDUCE MATERIAL HANDLING - Unlike standard couplings, Installation-Ready™ couplings are installed without the need to disassemble the coupling. No loose bolts and nuts translates to less material handling on site.
- BETTER MANAGED LABOR RISK- Because Installation-Ready™ couplings require fewer steps to install, the result is consistently faster pipe joints; this allows contractors to optimize crew size and better manage their labor risk.
- ENHANCED JOB SITE SAFETY - No flames. No fumes. No loose parts. In addition to being flame-free and devoid of noxious fumes during installation, Installation-Ready™ couplings feature no loose parts to drop or lose, reducing material handling on site, thereby reducing risk of injury.
Installation-Ready™ Technology Video Library